East Lothian Council

Contact us - council tax enquiry form

We want to make sure that we deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible, therefore it is important that you provide us with all the information we need to process your request.

If you do not complete the correct application or enquiry form, we may need to come back to you for more information, therefore this will delay your request.

If your enquiry relates to any of the following, please select the link below:

Change of address or change in tenancy forms:
Moving into East Lothian
Moving out of East Lothian
Moving within East Lothian
Landlord reporting a change

Council tax reduction forms:
Single person discount
Empty property reduction
Major structural repairs
Disabled person reduction
Carer reduction
Long term care in a hospital or residential home
Severely mentally impaired
Apprentice discount
Person in detention reduction
Student reduction
Child benefit payable reduction
Change in your circumstances
Review form for a single person reduction
Review form for all other reductions

How we use the information you provide

Contact Us

If you are unable to find the information you are looking for on our website, or unable to find an appropriate form to report your circumstances, you can contact our council tax team by completing this form.

Please note that fields marked * are required.

In order that we can deal with your enquiry quickly and fully, please provide as much information as you can. Failure to provide all of the information requested may result in a delay and we may need to contact you again for more information.

Daytime telephone number *

Email address

Council Tax account number (9 digits)

Council Tax property number (6 digits)

Title and full name *

Address and postcode *

Details of your enquiry *

I declare that, to the best of my knowledge, the information given on this form is true and correct. I understand that it is an offence to knowingly make a false declaration. I understand that enquiries may be made to verify the information given and that this may include inspection of the property. If awarded a reduction, I undertake to inform the council tax team of any change in circumstances affecting the amount of council tax payable.